Forgotten Warriors
Welcome to Forgotten Warriors.
Don't forget to login and post!
Forgotten Warriors
Welcome to Forgotten Warriors.
Don't forget to login and post!
Forgotten Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are the clan from SWN who have moved here for a new start and better site. Thanks to Tulat

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Forgotten Warriors. Don't forget to check the forums and post! ~Tulat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Fear no more
A guide on how to make GFX- beginners EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 4:57 pm by Menestar

» Sir_Meta Weekly Questions Part 1
A guide on how to make GFX- beginners EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 1:34 pm by Kira

» Special illusion Questions Part 1
A guide on how to make GFX- beginners EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 9:20 am by Tulat

» Kira: A quick tutorial.
A guide on how to make GFX- beginners EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 9:19 am by Tulat

» Hmm? My mains are:
A guide on how to make GFX- beginners EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 2:00 am by Menestar

» Do you like the new site tulat updated?
A guide on how to make GFX- beginners EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 12:09 am by Zanryo

» I'm new and I say "Hi"
A guide on how to make GFX- beginners EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 11:16 pm by Fang

» Hey there ppls
A guide on how to make GFX- beginners EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 10:59 pm by Menestar

» Look, its Fang!
A guide on how to make GFX- beginners EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 5:50 pm by Menestar

Most active topics
Tulat's music editing and creation place.
Special illusion Questions Part 1
Sir_Meta Weekly Questions Part 1
Greetings everyone
iight this beaner over here yeah i know that foo hes my 2314244 cousin
Nozz in DA HOUSE!
Do you like the new site tulat updated?
Zan's intro of beast
Hmm? My mains are:
I'm new and I say "Hi"
Most Viewed Topics
Look, its Fang!
Special illusion Questions Part 1
Fear no more
Hmm? My mains are:
iight this beaner over here yeah i know that foo hes my 2314244 cousin
Sir_Meta Weekly Questions Part 1
Tulat's music editing and creation place.
I'm new and I say "Hi"
Kira: A quick tutorial.
Do you like the new site tulat updated?
Most active topic starters
Tulat
A guide on how to make GFX- beginners I_vote_lcapA guide on how to make GFX- beginners I_voting_barA guide on how to make GFX- beginners I_vote_rcap 
Menestar
A guide on how to make GFX- beginners I_vote_lcapA guide on how to make GFX- beginners I_voting_barA guide on how to make GFX- beginners I_vote_rcap 
Nozz
Sir_Meta
Kira
Tadeo
Hunter Killer
Zanryo
Fang
-
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

A guide on how to make GFX- beginners

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tulat
Tulat spikes for his friends
Tulat

A guide on how to make GFX- beginners Empty
PostSubject: A guide on how to make GFX- beginners   A guide on how to make GFX- beginners EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 2:38 pm

If anyone wants to learn the basics of how to make a signature and such, here is the place.
And by basics, i mean extremly basic.

Note: When i say something followed by "here" such as "gimp here" click the text to go to the link.

I have a good amount of experience in Gimp, and have been teaching myself how to make GFX since around 2008.
First off, either download Gimp here (GIMP IS FREE. I USE IT.)
Or buy photoshop somehow, i don't know how much but it's in the 100$s range. and i recommend Gimp anyways.
Go to PlanetRenders here for renders. Until you are good enough to make your own.

Now, by Graphics, i mean Signatures. Avitars. Images. Art. Ect...
A few examples made by me.

Signatures
A guide on how to make GFX- beginners Kyonsig1
A guide on how to make GFX- beginners JumbaByTulat
A guide on how to make GFX- beginners TulatShana
A guide on how to make GFX- beginners EnvekByTulat2
A guide on how to make GFX- beginners ArisBdaySigByTulat
A signature is normally a image, with one or more renders and the name of someone.
I normally use 350x150 for sigs, But you should find what suits you best.

Avitars
A guide on how to make GFX- beginners Pitaviatar
Normally the same, or have more height than width.
I don't make them much anymore but for xat it is normally around 50x50 or so.
Also, xat does support transparency with the alpha layer, i just made this background white so no one steals it.

Art
A guide on how to make GFX- beginners Thing
I did not use any brushes, and even though you may not believe me, i created this from scratch. a pure black bg with nothing.
This is just to give you a idea of what i mean by art.

How to make a Sig

I advise you to have gimp open and have alreaddy found the render you want to use before you start.
  • File>New>Type the size of your sig, we will use 350x150>Ok

You can start out many ways, but this time lets go click the Blend tool on the toolbox. (type L to find it on toolbox)
Change the black and white squares on toolbox to whatever color you wish the Background to be.
Go down and click Shape on toolbox and chose the very bottom, it should say "Spiral CCW"
Now click the white rectangle you origenally made and hold it down, then let go somewhere else on it, preferably 1/3 away from where u last clicked.
It should have made a spiral like BG.
Now copy your render, and paste it on the BG you just made. (Ctrl + C, Ctrl + V)
Click the big A on toolbox, or press T. Find the size and font of the text you want, type it in on the sig, and boom.
You have made your first sig. It's nothing special but you should feel proud because some people can't even do this much.

I may make some more guides or tutorials for gimp, but don't expect them to be soon
Back to top Go down
Zanryo

Zanryo

PostSubject: Re: A guide on how to make GFX- beginners   A guide on how to make GFX- beginners EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 8:51 pm

Guys if you made a sig, art or something, post it here so we'll see how well you did following this guide!
I'll post mine when I decide to make one! Basketball
Back to top Go down
Tulat
Tulat spikes for his friends
Tulat

PostSubject: Re: A guide on how to make GFX- beginners   A guide on how to make GFX- beginners EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 8:57 pm

I never thought of that idea, But i did make a "GFX Feedback" topic for sigs and such.
I suppose that's a good idea though zan, i'm curious how easy my text was to understand.
I guess the gfx feedback can be for other sigs not from this guide.
Back to top Go down
Zanryo

Zanryo

PostSubject: Re: A guide on how to make GFX- beginners   A guide on how to make GFX- beginners EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 9:14 pm

Yea maybe when people start getting into doing sigs themselves and are proud of their wor, they can post it no the Feedback forum. This one may be for their first sigs and such.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A guide on how to make GFX- beginners   A guide on how to make GFX- beginners Empty

Back to top Go down

A guide on how to make GFX- beginners
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forgotten Warriors :: Art District :: GFX Guides-
Jump to: